New YouTube Layout Changes Part 1 of 3
Key YouTube Layout Changes:
- Background features can nolonger be changed universal grey colour for all channels
- You can have a solid background colour or upload a branded channel [highly recommend you upload a branded channel with at least your photograph and your website details on the far left]
- The url’s in our description box and about me section are nolonger live links
- You have character limits in your about me and description box of 200 characters [make sure they are keyword rich]
- You Tube is making the new layout more social and encouraging more interaction and trying to make it a social hub for people to hang out [do you think this layout change will accomplish that? Leave a comment below]
- The home page is more focused on what you are subscribed to instead of what is popular with others
- The more content and consistent content is king to this new layout. YouTube is looking to provide quality videos for it’s visitors and those who create a following of subscribers through constant and consistent videos and tutorials [how to most popular] will win with the new changes
- Easy strategy, do 4 video tutorials once a month and roll them out once a week on your YouTube channel and then use your normal video marketing distribution strategies to get people to like, share, comment and interact with your content.
- Decide what video content you are going to provide to add value to your target market
- Decide how often you are going to provide that content [minimum of 4 per month]
- Create a video creation day and do your videos all in one hit
- Start writing down all your FAQ’s that you get asked on a regular basis these are great videos for you to get started
- Put your videos on your blog or website as much as possible as the goal is to drive traffic to your business not YouTube’s business [you want the page rank as well as the traffic, plus the opportunity to get them into your opt-in funnel]
- Make sure you share your videos on social media and encourage people to comment, embed on their blogs and share with their friends to get you and your business as much exposure as possible.
Please leave any questions or comments below and share with your friends so they too can dominate their niche market with online video in 2012.