Have you ever wanted to write a Pen Name Book?
Well strangely enough quite a few non-fiction writers actually would love to write a fiction book in a genre not related to their expertise but, they have not done so for fear of it impacting their business or career.
That is why having a pen name book is a great way to go. I had quite a few people asking me lately in the Digital Authors Academy course, as well as on Facebook, as to how they go about writing children’s books or romance fiction books [two of the biggest genres that sell on Amazon.. Their biggest concern was writing under their own personal names.
Last year I wrote 3 children’s book as market research for the course and that was a lot of fun but, I did put those under my own name and now have 3 x #1 Best Sellers in that genre.
So for the last 6 months I have been learning all about writing under a pen name in the romance genre and this week launched my very first romance book [very scary indeed].
My romance book is what they call a Novella, which is a short story instead of a novel which is much longer. I am actually doing a Trilogy which I must admit has been a lot of fun to do.
I have learnt a lot about the whole process and I thought I would share some of those tips with you just in case you are thinking of doing some fiction writing over the holiday break.
If you want to grab a copy of my book and leave me a review that would be awesome. It is currently available on Amazon for only $0.99 as part of the book launch. I am testing promotional strategies at the moment because launching in the fiction market is a lot different then launching in the non-fiction market. Plus when marketing under a pen name there are so many other things you have to take into consideration.
To grab a copy of the book you can click on the image or click the link and it will take you to the book. Enchanted – The Dressing Room Affair
You do not have to have a Kindle to read a Kindle book you can read a Kindle Book on any platform even your computer. Here is the link to download the FREE Kindle Reading Apps.
Also, don’t forget that we are doing the Best Seller System Book Writing Seminar Tour starting on the 14th of October in Syd, Melb and Bris if you want to get that book out of your head and up on Amazon this year. It is a FREE seminar but seats are booking fast. It is amazing how many people want to write a book now that they realise they can actually self-publish it themselves these days on Amazon and that they do not need a publisher at all. http://www.sheexperts.com/bestsellersystem
Tips for Writing Under a Pen Name
- Make sure to have your pen name match the genre of the book eg if you are writing a historical romance series based in Scotland or Ireland then choose a name that resonates with those places and the readers that book will attract.
- You can have 3 pen names under your own personal account on Amazon
- Always, set up a separate profile on Author Central for the pen name book to keep it separate from your personal non-fiction books
- Make sure to attach your book to your Author Profile [you will be amazed at how many people do not do this]
- If you are happy to write under your own name that is fine just add your book to your account as you would any other book.
- It is advisable to create either a one page website or a fan page where your followers can connect with you on an ongoing basis especially if you are planning on writing a book series [these are very popular in fiction genres].
- Decide what type of book you want to write. You may like to do what I did and start with a Novella [short story under 100 pages] to see if it is something you wish to pursue.
- When promoting there are two types of promotions to test out the $0.99 cent launch or the 5 Day FREE Lending Library promotion [you will have to test to see which one gets the best results].
- Try and get as many reviews as you can on your books as this has a huge impact on your placement in your categories on Amazon.
- Choose your book categories wisely as this will impact your sales and your attempt at getting Best Seller status for your book. [Romance is very, very competitive so I am finding out quickly].
- Most importantly, have fun. Writing is a lot of fun, especially when you write under a pen name. You can create a whole persona around your author profile and have a lot of fun with it.
If you have any questions leave them below and I would love it if you grabbed a copy of my book and left a review to help me test how well the genre works. I will be happy to share the results with you at the end of the launch process. You can grab a copy of the book here. Enchanted – The Dressing Room Affair
And if you are available on the 14|15|16 October and want to learn how to create your own Fiction or Non-Fiction book this year you can grab your FREE seat here http://www.sheexperts.com/bestsellersystem
I am looking forward to reading your book on Amazon in the very near future.
6 Times #1 Best Selling Author
How to Write A Book in 10 Super Easy Steps